Saturday, August 05, 2006

Taking Matters Into My Own Hands

After being harassed all week by a black and orange spider that made its home in our office window, the battle is done. I emerged victorious. It wasn't bothering me so much when it kept its home in the windowsill, but once it tried to expand its horizons to hanging down the ceiling right by our desk, I knew it had to end. This was no simple house spider. It would freak out everytime the kids would play the keyboard- sticking out one of its legs like it was going to attack. When it was hanging down the ceiling, it doubled it size.

So, with a bottle of 409, I attacked it in mid-air. About a half a bottle later, it began to weaken and gathered enough courage to take a strike at it with my shoe. Aaaah, sweet victory.

What is it about spiderwebs that once your skin touches even the tiniest bit of one, you are then condemned to feel as if spiders are crawling all over you for the rest of the day. Ick. The price I must pay, right?

No comments: