Friday, February 24, 2006

A journey of 50 lbs begins with....

6!

We joined the YMCA 2 1/2 weeks ago. I was reluctant to get on the scale the first time because I wasn't quite sure where I was at. Then I figured out that I need to lose 50 pounds to be at a healthy weight. I got back on the scale on Wednesday, and I discovered that I've lost 6 pounds!!! I am very excited about this. I haven't been on any strict diet- I have paid a bit more attention to what I'm eating, but I know this is mainly due to getting off my butt and exercising.

For what we pay at the Y, we are definitely getting our money's worth. They have classes for the girls every day, and twice a week they have a tumbling class that Lauri and Gavin can attend. It's been great for everyone in the family- except Eli. He's still adjusting to the nursery. He doesn't cry a lot, he's just very clingy to whoever is in there. I'm hoping this will get better over time. That's my only complaint about the place (but I understand where they're coming from)- kids 3 and over are in a separate room from those 2 and under. So, poor Eli is all by himself.

I am so encouraged by my progress. I know that it will take some time for those other 44 pounds, but I truly believe they will be gone!

No comments: