Monday, February 13, 2006

Boys will be boys

We had our Campfire meeting at our house this afternoon. Luckily, we were blessed with wonderful weather, so when all activities were finished, the kids were able to go out and play. There was about 10 kids, but they were all playing nicely, so we were only checking up on them occasionally.

I went out to take my turn to peek at the kids, and I saw Gavin facing the fence. I couldn't tell if he was looking at someone else or if he was upset about something. I asked him what he was doing, and he answered, "I'm peeing!"

I got him to come inside right away, and I sent him to his room. I sat down to talk with him about why we don't urinate not only in front of others, but especially in our backyard. I said, "Do you want the other kids to see you pee?" and he promptly replied, "But they were laughing!" Yes, he definitely has the makings of a class clown.

No comments: