Monday, November 06, 2006

TV Watching

Last year, Brett and I never really watched tv. We couldn't follow a show for the life of us. This past spring we picked up Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy- it was a nice end to the weekend for us to relax watching these shows. This year, with Brett being in bed by 8pm, I've joined him and started picking up some new shoes to watch, so our level of "television involvement" has increased. Plus, for some reason, it seems that during pregnancy I can't focus on reading- not a clue why- I can usually read through a couple books in a month, but I just think I don't have the energy that it requires anymore :)

So, last night, we're watching Desperate Housewives, and I am actually shocked by what happened- that doesn't happen to often- and I actually laughed out loud at a couple quotes. The one that sticks out in my mind though, is when Lynette's husband (talking about taking custody of his daughter from a previous relationship) says,

"I thought you didn't want five kids."

And Lynette quickly responds,

"I didn't want the first four either, but they're starting to grow on me."

I looked at Brett and just burst out laughing :)

By the way,the show that follows DH, Brothers and Sisters, is very good. Something about the way the the characters are written-the family dynamic- something- it is really good tv.

No comments: