Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Baby Boy

My baby boy isn't a baby anymore. He turned six last Saturday and has been behaving more and more like a big kid. Here he is the morning of his birthday, eating blueberry French Toast.




Despite the look he's making, he really did love his breakfast.


His actual birthday fell on a Saturday, so we had a party for him at a local pool. The weatherman all week was predicting 70* and storms, but the day turned out beautiful. I never actually checked a thermometer, but I'd go with 85 and sunny. Just warm enough to swim, but not to warm not to. My not-so-baby-boy decided to try the high dive (I blame too much Olympics-watching).



Try not to notice the sad-looking cake. It was a double-layer cookie cake who's top layer didn't fair so well. Added to the fact that Daddy didn't bring home a tube of frosting that would actually work to decorate, and voila! You have a mass of blue frosting smeared over a broken cookie with a candle thrown on top.


We had promised him a dinner out for his birthday, but we ended up staying at the pool for over five hours, so we were all exhausted by the ride home. So, Sunday night we took all the kids to Mi Ranchito (yum!) for a lovely Mexican dinner. On the way there, the girls were singing Mamma Mia!, and Gavin took it upon himself to change the words, so over and over again he kept singing, "Yes, I've been broken-hearted....oooh since the day I farted!"


Yep. He's definitely turned six!





Our waiter was great (even though I only understood about half of what he said-adds to the ambiance). We told him we were celebrating Gav's birthday and this is what happened.





And then this.




The ice cream bowl was too much for Gavin to finish by himself, so Brett and I just had to help him out. Although, I think Eli might have been able to finish it if it were his birthday.


I still can't believe he's six years old and transitioning into "kid" stage. He's even about to lose his first tooth! Last night, all he wanted to do was snuggle with me on the couch, so I guess I can deal with his other "maturations".

No comments: