Thursday, April 19, 2007

Running Just As Fast As I Can....

This is DAY FOUR of my attempt at running. I have no long-term goals just yet- my only goal right now is to be out running/walking for 15 min per day, 6 times a week. I know its not a lofty goal, but it is realistic for me right now. I started with 5min of walking, 5min of running, 5min of walking on Monday. Today I ran for 7min in the middle of walking. I even did it with out my new stylish IPOD NANO that Brett won for me last month :)

I checked out two books about "Running for Women" at the library yesterday. I"m hoping to get a better long-term goal set up after reading those. I don't know how hard or how fast to push myself, and I definitely don't want to end up hurt or burnt out. I never pictured myself as a runner, but life is full of twists and turns, and this is what I feel called to do right now- don't know why.....

2 comments:

Lacey said...

You go girl!!!

I am in the same spot as you. I am most definitely NOT a runner by nature, but am giving it my best. My goal is to eventually run for 15 minutes straight. I'm going 3-4 times per week. After that, we'll see!

Who cares if the goals aren't 'lofty.' They are goals none the less. :-)

Anonymous said...

People should read this.